11/11/08

The Disappearing Male, CBC Documentary

That this should be a CBC documentary comes with its share of irony. It flies in the face of the CBC's subliminal (and at times, not so subliminal) feminist agenda. Oh well, it's a topsy-turvy world in which we live.

I do not have my own words at the moment to relay the horror that this documentary raised within me. The cinematic images of human sterility portrayed by Children of Men is reversed from female to male reproductive emptiness. The only words that sprung to mind on watching this documentary were those of Kurtz/Brando: “I cried, I wept like some grandmother. I wanted to tear my teeth out. I didn’t know what to do. And I want to remember it, I never want to forget.”

The state-sanctioned, politically-correct efforts to dummy down the male presence on the social template pale in comparison to the industrially programmed eugenics of the chemical and plastics industries. That there is a Peak Oil connection is obvious and hopefully a saving grace. In a Post-Peak Oil world the latter industries may succomb to demise and yet stave off this silent and monstrous extinction of the human race. View at will if you missed the original airing. The remaining parts to the full documentary can be searched at YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment